WHAT IS WHEEL BALANCING
Wheel balancing, most commonly known as tyre balancing, is the practice of equalizing the weight of the combined tyre and wheel assembly so that it spins smoothly at high speed.
SYMPTOMS OF UNBALANCED TYRES
1) Your steering wheel may ‘wobble’ at certain speeds
2) Unusual tread wear patterns on your tyres
3) Vibration in your seat or floorboard
EFFECTS OF UNBALANCED TYRES
1) Premature wear of suspension and steering components
2) Uncomfortable driving
3) Higher vehicle running cost
PROCESS OF WHEEL BALANCING AT QUIKFIX
• Mounting your wheel on our latest European standard balancing machine
• The machine rotates the tyre and wheel assembly and automatically calculates the weight and location of the balance counter weight.
• Attaching weights to the tyre to compensate for weight differences